Date(s) - 26/02/2019 - 26/03/2019
It’s an exciting time for EqualiTeach as we continue to expand, and we are looking to recruit an experienced Operations Manager to join the team.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Salary Scale: NJC Pay Scale 24-27: £27,905-£30,507, 5% pension
Based at our head office in St Neots
This role involves managing the Programme Support Officer and overseeing the general administration of the office. The post-holder will book workshops and training events and manage a busy staff diary. They will also be required to oversee the organisation’s finance systems and financial reporting.
This new role is an opportunity to join a dynamic, growing organisation and be at the forefront of shaping its development.
Background to EqualiTeach
EqualiTeach is a not-for-profit equality and diversity training and consultancy organisation, which works with organisations to provide support, guidance and training to help them to meet their equality duties and objectives. Our vision is an equal, inclusive and productive society where everyone is valued and able to achieve their full potential.
- Manage the Programme Support Officer
- Work closely with the Directors and accountant to monitor income, expenditure and cash flow
- Process and raise invoices as required.
- Work with the Directors to set the annual budget and to draft project budgets for funders.
- Assist staff with the management of project budgets and end of grant financial reporting.
- Book workshops and teacher training events with schools and other organisations
- Allocate staff to deliver workshops and training events and manage the staff diary
- Put systems in place to monitor staff capacity and time spent on projects
- Provide IT systems support to staff and undertake IT troubleshooting
- Ensure that all filing, both paper and electronic, complies with data protection guidelines.
- Oversee the day-to-day administration for the office
- Maintain EqualiTeach’s contact databases.
- Coordinate recruitment processes for staff and volunteer posts.
- Coordinate induction processes for new staff and volunteers, keeping the Employee Handbook up to date, and acquainting each new member with their work setting and the standard policies and procedures with which they must comply.
- Maintain records of all staff annual leave, TOIL, other absences from the office, sickness leave and lateness.
- Help ensure EqualiTeach complies with the legal obligations of not-for-profit organisations and small employers.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a general office environment
- Exceptional organisation, planning and administration skills
- Highly computer literate: confident and proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and data entry software
- Self-motivated, punctual, reliable, able to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent written and spoken (face to face and phone) communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent literacy skills
- Ability to show initiative in developing the role and to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexibly in a small team, building strong day-to-day relationships with colleagues
- Able to manage a varied workload, balancing scheduled tasks with requests for assistance from the team, which may have short deadlines
- Commitment to equal opportunities policies and practices, and the promotion of equalities.
- Experience in managing budgets
- Understanding of legal obligations of not-for-profit organisations and small employers
- Knowledge of the charity/voluntary sector
- Experience of managing staff
EqualiTeach is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds
To apply please complete an application form and equality monitoring form and e-mail both forms to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Tuesday 26th March
Interviews will be held in St Neots on Wednesday 3rd April
If you have any questions, or need any further information about this post, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org