Vision, Mission and Aims
Vision: An equal, inclusive and productive society where everyone is valued and able to achieve their full potential.
Mission Statement: We provide high quality and dynamic services, tailored to each organisation’s needs, and provide advice and guidance on issues of equality and diversity, creating positive working environments for all.
- To equip education settings with the skills and knowledge to embed equality and inclusion throughout their practice
- To enable education settings to recognise and respond effectively to incidents of discrimination and harassment
- To provide guidance and support on policy development, enabling education settings to fulfil their requirements under equality law
- To work with young people to explore equality issues and develop critical thinking skills
- To produce resources to support education settings to promote equality and tackle discrimination
Values and Ethics
Community Interest Company
EqualiTeach is a Community Interest Company. A community interest company is a type of limited company designed specifically for those wishing to operate for the benefit of the community, rather than for the benefit of the owners of the company. The organisation will operate on a not-for-profit basis, with any profits made being ploughed back into charitable activities. EqualiTeach is committed to its vision of an equal, inclusive and productive society where everyone is valued and able to achieve their full potential, and believes that a community interest company is the best way of striving towards this vision.
To make our commitment to ethical working as clear as possible, EqualiTeach is governed by a number of core values. These shape the culture and define the character of the organisation, as well as guide how we behave and make decisions:
- We continually strive to ensure that equality, diversity and inclusion are core to everything we do and that our workplace is safe and inclusive for everybody
- We aim to attract, develop and retain the best talent for our business in order to foster a collaborative and mutually supportive environment
- We believe in honesty and inspiring trust by saying what we mean, matching our behaviours with our words and taking responsibility for our actions
- We strive constantly to improve in order to meet and exceed the highest expectations of our customers, partners and stakeholders, and provide high quality evidence-based information and advice.
- We continually listen to the needs of clients and staff members and value their input into our decision-making processes.
Promoting equality and tackling discrimination is at the heart of the work that EqualiTeach undertakes. As such, EqualiTeach strives to meet the very highest standards in equality, both in the provision of services and around our employment practices and our ways of working. Every year EqualiTeach sets strategic priorities and reviews equality data to set equality objectives for the year ahead.
In 2017, our priorities are as follows:
- To produce a written resource to support Early Years' providers to create inclusive settings
- To support a minimum of 15 schools to take a holistic, whole school approach to promoting equality
- To further support schools to promote Fundamental British Values in a cohesive fashion through a series of events and training days
- To expand our programme of critical thinking workshops for young people
- To respond timely and effectively to emerging equality issues