Date(s) - 09/11/2017 - 04/12/2017
As EqualiTeach continues to grow, we are looking for an Education Training and Strategy Officer to join our enthusiastic and dynamic team.
See full information below and contact us with any questions.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Salary Scale: NJC Pay Scale 6: £23,398 – £24,964, 5% pension
Based at our head office: Suite 16, Davey House, 31A St Neots Road, St Neots, PE19 7BA
The post-holder will be key to the effective delivery of our programmes of work with young people and teaching staff. This role involves facilitating workshops with young people in schools and youth groups, and training teachers to promote equality and tackle discrimination. The post-holder will assist with developing the EqualiTeach brand, create new workshops, training sessions and educational materials in line with EqualiTeach’s values and strategy.
Background to EqualiTeach
EqualiTeach is a not-for-profit equality training and consultancy organisation, working with educational settings England-wide to help promote equality and tackle discrimination.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion training for governors, teachers and support staff
- Interactive workshops with young people
- Production and updating of policies, strategies and guidance documents
- Production of training and educational resources
Details of the workshops that we currently deliver can be found on our website.
- Delivering workshops on issues of equality with young people and teaching staff
- Development of new training activities, workshops and educational materials in line with EqualiTeach’s values and strategy
- Promoting the EqualiTeach brand through the EqualiTeach website and social media
- Creating resources to support the delivery of workshops
- Liaising with organisations to book workshops and training
- Contributing to the general administration, well running and development of the organisation
Knowledge and Qualifications
- In-depth understanding of equality and inclusion issues
- Knowledge of equality legislation
- Knowledge of a range of effective teaching and learning techniques and styles
- Knowledge of classroom management
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience of training adults
- Experience of teaching or delivering educational workshops
Skills and Competencies
- Skilled and confident communication skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of every pupil, to ensure that all young people are included
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Intermediate level IT skills in standard Microsoft packages
- Strong organisational skills
- High levels of enthusiasm and motivation
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- A commitment to continuous personal development
Download and complete our application form and equal opportunities form and send them through to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Suite 16 Davey House
31a St Neots Road
EqualiTeach strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Although the post is advertised as a full-time position, we are happy to explore flexible working options. If you require the application form in a different format, or reasonable adjustments made for interview, please contact us.
If you have any questions, or need any further information about this post, please e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5pm Monday 4th December 2017
Interviews will be held in St Neots on Thursday 14th December 2017