Job Vacancy: Youth Education Officer
EqualiTeach is looking for a new Youth Education Officer to join our friendly and dynamic team. See full information below and contact us with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Salary Scale: NJC Pay Scale 5: £20,253 - £22,212, 5% pension
Based at our head office: Suite 3, Bellingham House, 2 Huntingdon Street, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 1BG
The post-holder will be key to the effective delivery of our programmes of work with young people aged 7-18. This role involves facilitating workshops with young people in schools and youth groups, liaising with external organisations to book workshops, the preparation of workshop resources. and monitoring and evaluation of the work. The post involves regular travel throughout East England and London and occasional national travel.
- Delivering workshops on issues of equality to young people aged 7-18
- Development of new activities and workshops
- Creating resources to support the delivery of workshops
- Collating feedback and keeping accurate records
- Liaising with organisations to book workshops
- Ensuring external facilitators are provided with information and resources
- Contributing to the general administration, well running and development of the organisation
Background to EqualiTeach
EqualiTeach is a not-for-profit equality training and consultancy organisation, working with educational settings England-wide to help promote equality and tackle discrimination in the classroom.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion training for governors, teachers and support staff
- Interactive workshops with young people
- Production and updating of policies, strategies and guidance documents
- Production of training and educational resources
Details of the workshops that we currently deliver can be found here.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- In-depth understanding of equality and inclusion issues
- Knowledge of equality legislation
- Knowledge of a range of effective teaching and learning techniques and styles
- Knowledge of classroom management
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience of teaching or delivering educational workshops
Skills and Competencies
- Skilled and confident communication skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of every pupil, to ensure that all young people are included
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Intermediate level IT skills in standard Microsoft packages
- Strong organisational skills
- High levels of enthusiasm and motivation
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- A commitment to continuous personal development
Application forms can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to: Suite 3, Bellingham House, 2 Huntingdon Street, St Neots, PE19 1BG
Closing date for applications: 5pm Thursday 1st December 2016
Interviews will be held in St Neots on Monday 19th December 2016
EqualiTeach strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Although the post is advertised as a full-time position, we are happy to explore flexible working options. If you require the application form in a different format, or reasonable adjustments made for interview, please contact us.
If you have any questions, or need any further information about this post, please e-mail: email@example.com