Equaliteach is a not-for-profit equality training and consultancy organisation which works with educational establishments UK-wide, from early years to higher education, to provide support and training to help them to meet their equality duties and objectives.
EqualiTeach has a diverse team of highly experienced equality and education experts, and highly competent and personable workshop facilitators, based throughout the country. To find out more about us, details of the team are available here.
We are also very privileged to have our Advisory Board, made up of experienced people, who provide EqualiTeach with their expertise in equalities, fundraising, strategy, marketing, management and leadership. The board is a great asset to the organisation, supporting EqualiTeach to grow in an accountable, thoughtful and sustainable fashion, whilst staying true to our core values. There is more information about our advisory board, here.
We work in partnership with providers, establishing where the setting currently is in its journey and developing bespoke materials to support the school, nursery or college to meet the equality outcomes that they are striving for; whether the intervention is a workshop with young people, an INSET day with teachers, or a longer programme of organisational change.
All EqualiTeach interventions provide institutions with practical tools to help them to create effective change. On-going support is also offered to ensure that support is available when implementing these ideas and any obstacles can be overcome.
- To equip education settings with the skills and knowledge to embed equality and inclusion throughout their practice
- To enable education settings to recognise and respond effectively to incidents of discrimination and harassment
- To provide guidance and support on policy development, enabling education settings to fulfil their requirements under equality law
- To work with young people to explore equality issues and develop critical thinking skills
- To produce resources to support education settings to promote equality and tackle discrimination
An equal, inclusive and productive society where everyone is valued and able to achieve their full potential
We provide high quality and dynamic services, tailored to each organisation’s needs, and provide advice and guidance on issues of equality and diversity, creating positive working environments for all.
Values and Ethics
EqualiTeach aims to be a transparent not-for-profit organisation. We Know it's important for people to be fully informed about an organisation before working with them, so we have created this 'values and ethics' section of the website to give you more information about what it's like working with, and working for, EqualiTeach.
EqualiTeach is a Community Interest Company…
A community interest company is a type of limited company designed specifically for those wishing to operate for the benefit of the community, rather than for the benefit of the owners of the company.
The organisation will operate on a not-for-profit basis, with any profits made being ploughed back into charitable activities.
EqualiTeach is committed to its vision of an equal, inclusive and productive society where everyone is valued and able to achieve their full potential, and believes that a community interest company is the best way of striving towards this vision.
For more information about Community Interest Companies, please visit the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills website: http://www.bis.gov.uk/cicregulator
Promoting equality and tackling discrimination is at the heart of the work that EqualiTeach undertakes. As such, EqualiTeach strives to meet the very highest standards in equality, both in the provision of services and around our employment practices and our ways of working.
Every year EqualiTeach sets strategic priorities and reviews equality data to set equality objectives for the year ahead.
In 2016, our priorities are as follows:
- To develop a programme of work to support schools to take a holistic approach to promoting SMSC development
- To produce resources to support schools to meet their requirements around Fundamental British Values in a cohesive fashion
- To develop programmes of work to support governors to meet their equality duties
- To launch research into the inclusion of transgender employees in UK workplaces
- To respond timely and effectively to emerging equality issues
Equality and Diversity Policy: PDF document
Child Protection Policy: PDF document
To make our commitment to ethical working as clear as possible, EqualiTeach is governed by a number of core values. These shape the culture and define the character of the organisation, as well as guide how we behave and make decisions:
- We continually strive to ensure that equality, diversity and inclusion are core to everything we do and that our workplace is safe and inclusive for everybody
- We aim to attract, develop and retain the best talent for our business in order to foster a collaborative and mutually supportive environment
- We believe in honesty and inspiring trust by saying what we mean, matching our behaviours with our words and taking responsibility for our actions
- We strive constantly to improve in order to meet and exceed the highest expectations of our customers, partners and stakeholders, and provide high quality evidence-based information and advice
- We continually listen to the needs of clients and staff members and value their input into our decision-making processes.